The Ethical Dilemma of Hunting by Katie Dwyer

The idea of nature I chose for my website is the ethical dilemma of hunting.

Hunting has changed drastically throughout history in it’s forms, uses, and the culture surrounding it. Hunting is also continuing to change for the future. This website follows these changes from history into the future and challenges all to re-imagine how they view hunting.

Photo Credit: http://visitcripplecreek.com/businesses/hunting

I chose hunting as my idea because as a vegan animal lover, I have always been full-heartedly against hunting, but honestly did not know much about it.  I decided to research hunting a bit so that I could better understand my opposition.  However, rather than my expectation of finding reasons to bad talk hunting for my entire site, I found many conflicting points and actually saw some good to hunting.  I completely rethought how I view hunting and am still struggling with the ethical dilemma I face between not believing in the killing of animals, and the importance that hunting holds in matters I also care deeply about, such as conservation.  I decided to make my site include information about hunting in several retrospects instead so that others may form their own, informative opinions on hunting.

Posted

in

by

Comments